I have no doubt that I will love every single one of them the same. Equally. That's a given. I love Lily and Landon more than life itself and I remember when Landon was born how worried I was about loving him. I had only felt the love of one child at the time so was nervous about loving another one just the same. And when he was born at 1:03 AM, I realized that I had worried for nothing. I could not love him anymore.
This pregnancy is obviously a little different, but because of the high risk nature and complications we've had along the way, I feel like I've worried even MORE than I ever have before. I worry about people comparing them (even though they will all be individuals). I worry about their health...being premature, Baby B's ventriculomegaly, etc. and wonder how I will deal with surgery's, etc. since I've never had to before. I worry about getting so wrapped up in their needs that I will fail my other children. Not on purpose, of course...and I will die trying to be the best mother ever, but I just don't want to have to compromise my mothering just because I have five children. I guess the truth is, is that I won't have to compromise my love for any of them, I will just have to adjust my parenting for each of their individual needs. Since I've been on bed rest I've had a lot of time to sit and think about it and have yet to feel like I know how I'm going to do it and how it will all work out. That might take 18 years! ;)
Last month, my sister sent me this poem and I have read it SO many times to get me through a day. Whether I was laying in the hospital bed gasping for air or sitting in a recliner staring out the window wondering when the girls will arrive, I have read this poem over and over. I truly believe I (or we) have been chosen for "this" because we can do it and we will do it well. Does it scare the hell out of me? Absolutely. But, so have a lot of other things in my life that turned out to be the most amazing parts of my life.
I'm looking forward to being the chosen one...
I still would have chosen you...
If God had told me "this soul will one day need extra care",
I still would have chosen you...
If He had told me "that one day this soul may make my heart bleed",
I still would have chosen you...
If He had told me "this soul would make me question the depth of my faith",
I still would have chosen you...
If God had told me "this soul would make tears flow from my eyes that would overflow a river",
I still would have chosen you..
If He had told me "our time spent together here on Earth could be short",
I still would have chosen you...
If He had told me 'all that you know to be normal would drastically change",
I still would have chosen you...
Of course, even though I would have chosen you,
I know it was God who chose me for you...
Thank you God for allowing me to be your Mommy.
4 comments:
Absolutely precious! You are such an inspiration, Susan. I am having major fears about loving this second baby and you hit the nail on the head for me. Thank you for sharing such personal feelings, it makes me feel more normal! You have been chosen for a very good reason, God knows you best and you are the woman for the journey! Love you!
Absolutely precious! You are such an inspiration, Susan. I am having major fears about loving this second baby and you hit the nail on the head for me. Thank you for sharing such personal feelings, it makes me feel more normal! You have been chosen for a very good reason, God knows you best and you are the woman for the journey! Love you!
oh Susan, THANK YOU so much for sharing this poem!
I'm a firm believer.... and I believe that you have the heart, the passion, the strength, the absolutely everything it takes to be the best mother of five children that you can be.
We pray for ya'll daily!! Keep keepin on - you are amazing!!
You will be a GREAT mother of 5 that's why God chose you, he has NO doubt that these kids will be loved and cared for! You are an amazing person and an awesome mother somehow our love just seems to keep growing! We have 5 children 1 we adopted and with every single one of them are loved equally! God will not send you where his grace cannot keep you! there are going to be good days and there will be hard days but with God ALL things are possible!
Post a Comment